Bio / Text:
Sid Linnard joined the RAF in August 1937, attending the civil flying school at Filton until October, and thereafter completing his training at 4 FTS, Abu Sueir, Egypt.
Thereafter he was posted to 80 Squadron in December 1938.
He was promoted to Pilot Officer on probation on 20 December 1938.
Linnard was promoted to the war substantive rank of Flight Lieutenant on 20 July 1941 (gazetted on 29 August 1941).
In November 1941, he was posted to command 274 Squadron.
Sidney Linnard joined 54 Squadron RAF on 27th July 1944
After the war, he remained in the RAF.
On 1 July 1946, he was commissioned as Squadron Leader on extended service (gazetted on 20 August 1946) with seniority from 1 January 1945.
He was based at West Raynham from 1948 to 1951. He then rejoined HQ, 12 Group, until 1954, before serving at Locking from 1955-1959.
He retired as a Wing Commander on 16 February 1960.